Monday, January 26, 2015

A Blog Getting A Makeover

       Okay, so I never envisioned myself as a "post a day, omg let's chat all night!!" kind of blogger. It's not that I'm antisocial...at least not when it comes to the computer :) . The problem is I am a busy girl, working roughly 50 hours a week and working the hours that many do not want to deal with (3 pm to as late as 3 am, depending on the day) which works out fine because I am a night owl. I knew I would be working during the quintessential dinner-with-my-ipad-so-I-Can-catch-up-on-my-fave-blogs hours, I just assumed I would post....SOMETHING.

       It's been over a year since I've made a post. It's not that I'm NOT crafting, quite contrary actually. It isn't that I haven't been going on exciting adventures (I went on a two week roadtrip across country!). The problem has been two things: getting inspired, and staying inspired when my blogger won't work over and over and over again.
   
         I cannot blame blogger or my blog layout entirely for this, because I knew they were being slow and glitchy and I did not take the time to solve the problem (which is funny, since I am all about trying to fix anyone else's technological issues), but I have tried to post 3-4 times since my last post, only to get an error sign. I have spent more then one hour elaborately writing a post, only to have blogger time out, then not save, or save it to draft but it "cannot publish at this time" and after having the error for a week or two, instead of hopping on the computer and trouble shooting, I just got rid of the (weeks later, seemingly lame) post. Aside from that, I just didn't feel like it was "me", like I couldn't quite identify myself in the blog world, you know?

      Enough of my whiny post. With the new year comes new business aspirations in the craft world, a new header for my page (do you like it? I designed it with my own dinosaur drawing!), and a new layout from 17th Avenue Designs .

     


             I'm not saying I'm going to post much more, I am just letting you all know I'm considerably more inspired then I was before :)
                                             

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips